Thursday 5 July 2012

Movie: Black Hawk Down (2001)

Black Hawk Down (2001)
Action, Drama, History


Now I'm assuming you have all seen this movie before, unlike me. *gasp* Yes, I know, I should have seen this years ago. I mean its only won two Oscars and however many other awards. The cast is fantastic; Josh Hartnett, Eric Bana (Troy, Hulk), Ewan McGregor (Train Spotting), Kim Coates (Sons of Anarchy), William Fichtner (Armageddon).

How can I not have seen this? *shrugs* No idea...

It's a Ridley Scott (Gladiator) film, based on a book by Mark Bowden, based on the very real events of the Battle of Mogadishu.

Seems to me that someone fucked something up really badly... lots of people got dropped into the middle of a hostile mob with lots of heavy artillery, not only that but they crashed not one but two black hawk helicopters, and then the convoy that was supposed to rescue them all is taking heavy fire and gets freaking lost?!?

Jesus Christ, what a mess!

This movie frustrated me to no end! I was pulling my hair out. My street directions are better than Base camps and I am hopeless at directions. I'm so angry, I feel like going to play Call of Duty just to even out the score a little.

Eric Bana was my favorite part of the whole thing. Not only is he Australian and awesome but the combination of Bana and the character is so kick-ass! If only they had more than one of him...or the team of SEALs from Act of Valor...

2 out of 5 Eric Bana's, cos I wish there was....



Bonus; The soundtrack! Alice in Chains, House of Pain, Faith No More!

No comments:

Post a Comment