Saturday 7 July 2012

Movie: Project X (2012)

Project X (2012)
Comedy, Drama


This movie is loosely based on the several out of control parties, such as one in Melbourne, Australia, thrown by teen Corey at which over 500 people showed up.

I remember this actual event and it was not funny at all, the whole of Australia rolled their eyes.This is what you get when you advertise your party on Facebook... Which doesn't mean that we don't all want to be invited to a party like this! I just wouldn't want to be living anywhere near there or have the job of cleaning up afterwards...

There was on point where the cops showed up and they ushered everyone around the back. No way in hell could they have kept a crowd like that quiet until the cops left. I did have a chuckle when I saw them all sitting out back like grade school kids during story time.

This party is way out of control, it's pretty insane, but at least the movie is entertaining. Once I got over the stupidness of it all, I giggled in quite a few spots.

The reason I don't give it a higher score is that I probably wont watch it again. The documentary style filming, the typical guys hooking up with girls party story line is boring. But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the film.

3 out 5 laser light shows...


Side note: I normally mention actors in my reviews but this movie was cast entirely of nobodies. They literally put out a call for people with little to no acting experience to come and be a part of this film. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment