Monday 16 July 2012

Movie: Wrath of The Titans (2012)

Wrath of The Titans (2012)
Action, Adventure, Fantasy


It's not a good thing when I have nothing to say about a movie... I don't know why I do this to myself sometimes. I love Greek mythology and I know before I even see a preview that I'm not going to like this movie, and I was right. I just sat there and picked holes at it... besides the fact it was a pretty lame ass movie.

It even has Sam Worthington (Avatar) in it and you all know how much I love Aussies... not this time, sorry Sam. I might give you an extra point 'cos you were born in my town but that whole performance looked really damn uncomfortable... and your accent is the most ocker Aussie accent I've ever heard, I can't believe they didn't ask for you to tone it down a little. 'Tis kinda cool that the son of Zeus is Australian though. *snickers*

Liam Neeson as Zeus... you'd think it would be as awesome as Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars but no... Zeus, I'm sad to say, is lame. I thought Ares looked so much like Kit Harington (Game Of Thrones) that I just couldn't get past it. I imagined it was him through the whole thing, it made it slightly better.

I do love Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List) though. Still, he was much too big for the role of Hades. It is nice to see him with a nose now after so many years of playing Voldemort, and at least him and Zeus sort of looked alike...I don't know, I think the script let them all down; it was boring and predictable.

2 out of 5 lightning bolts....

2 comments:

  1. Too bad Wrath of the Titans wasn’t as good as other Greek movies. I was looking forward to seeing the action, but it seems the story is a bit of a letdown. Now I know what I’m in for thanks to your review! I’m still seeing it though, because many of my friends and Dish coworkers saw Wrath and have mixed feelings about it. I would like to form my own opinion about it, so I already added it to my Blockbuster @Home queue to have it sent to my house. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Damon!
      Thanks for your comment! It was ok visually I spose... I think they try to make these movies too Kid friendly.. it seems like itd be better as a cartoon. Disappointing :(
      Let me know what you think though! Each to their own. :)

      Delete