Saturday 11 August 2012

Movie: Batman Begins (2005)

Batman Begins (2005)
Action, Adventure, Drama


This is the first of the Christian Bale (The Fighter, Terminator Salvation) series of Batman. Now, I did just watch every one before this as well but I thought I'd start with this series... I never really liked Bale all that much but he is the best Batman so far; George Clooney (Ocean's Eleven, ER) did this weird thing with his head that I couldn't get past and Val Kilmer (Top Gun)? No...just, no.

I think I've only seen this film once before, back when it first came out so its almost like watching it for the first time all over again....Alfred is always a favorite of mine and Michael Caine (Children of Men) is perfect for the role. Liam Neeson (Taken) is always a great hard ass and I love him as Wayne's teacher. It's especially awesome to watch the training of Batman. This movie is what it says it is; Batman's beginning.

I suppose they cant really veer from the original story too much seeing as its from the comics and all, but it's good to see a little more of the story revealed in each movie. This one showing the before and after the shooting of Wayne's parents. I think that its good to see Batman as not so perfect, the trial and error of finding the perfect Batsuit etc. The movie itself is less satirical and on more of a serious. The last couple were pretty much jokes the whole way through, I like that this one is more realistic; Batman could be REAL!! haha

I totally and completely forgot that Katie Holmes (Dawson's Creek) is the girl in this one.... wasn't this the last movie she did... the only one she did while with Tom Cruise? *shudders*  Morgan Freeman (Million Dollar Baby) is the brains behind all the Batgadgets. Mark Boone Junior (Sons of Anarchy) is a crooked cop and Gary Oldman (The Fifth Element) is his straight laced partner, while Cillian Murphy (Inception) is the evil Scarecrow bent on destroying everyone. But I'm sure you already knew all of this as you've all already seen it, right?

3 out of 5 Batsignals...

No comments:

Post a Comment