Thursday 23 August 2012

Movie: A Few Best Men (2011)

A Few Best Men (2011)
Australian, Comedy


We all know how obsessive I am over Australian films! This one stars newcomer Xavier Samuel (Twilight: Eclipse) - I find it so hilariously ironic that he plays an Englishman moving to Australia when he is an Aussie... haha - and Laura Brent (Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader). Also featured are Australian actors Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids) and Jonathan Biggins, as well as superstar Olivia Newton-John (ahh, Grease!).

This movie is a mix between hilarious and painful... Hilariously painful! Reminds me of Bridesmaids - funny that, eh? - and it is pretty much the same but the guys version, obviously. I have to admit I had never seen a sheep in women's underwear before...Who knew Olivia was such a coke head! The movie gets a hell of a lot more interesting once she racks a few lines!

I love the soundtrack; Skippy, Afternoon Delight. YMCA, Mickey. All of these songs are typical Australian Party tracks, you can't go to a BBQ and not hear these classics.

3 out of 5 Croc Dundees...
[Quote]
"I fall in love with women who then shit on me from a great height" - Tim Draxl
"You shouldn't put them on a pedestal." - Rebel Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment