Monday 20 August 2012

TV: Falling Skies SE2 EP10

Falling Skies
Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller


First of all, ten episodes is a season now? Really? What are we, England? Soon they'll be cutting them down to six episodes and calling it a season rather than a mini-series. Plus, how crap was that for a finale? It gave us nothing! I'm going to rip the shreds out of this ep, watch me...

(I read this blog before I started writing this post, so it's coloured my vision of this ep in its negativity... Good post though, I agree with most of what this person has to say!)

I knew that something was not quite right about Charleston and as soon as I saw the Great White Hunter - Terry O'Quinn (Lost) - I knew he was involved. Fancy seeing him there, he's in everything these days. Oh, and he's at the centre of a coup, so many surprises... *sarcasm*

So many things about this episode annoyed me. Ben (Connor Jessup) was weird the whole time, I actually thought for a bit that he might be on the other side of things, maybe just a bad acting day? The General (Matt Frewer) turned from being kind of awesome last episode to being the villain this ep, then flipping back to being the good guy again by the end? So confused as to whether we are meant to like him or not! Where'd the Rebel Skitters come from? How'd they know about Charleston being underground when the 2nd Mass didn't, and how the hell did they just walk right in? Great defences there General! And the same for the giant gun that was apparently going to spell disaster for all humanity... uhh, no defences? Walk right in? Okay then!

This season finale was like a complete repeat of last seasons finale. Blow something up, more random aliens, not sure if one of the Masons is now compromised, plus a major cliffy that will probably be completely solved in the first episode of next season.

Really disappointed! I thought a few of the episodes this season were so great and now this? Boo!

2 out of 5 Big Guns....

No comments:

Post a Comment