Monday 15 October 2012

TV: The Walking Dead SE3 EP1

The Walking Dead
Drama, Horror, Thriller


I have a lot to say about this. Firstly; I started reading the comics before this became a show and I have to say that I enjoy the comics more... most of the time. I find the show can get a bit wordy and boring; too much dialogue and not enough zombies!After re-reading the comics again this week I realized that duh, the dialogue is all the way through them too! But I don't know, there just seems to be a lot more zombies in the comics.

Last season Dale (Jeffrey DeMunn) died and Andrea (Laurie Holden) got split up from the group in their mad rush to escape Hershel's (Scott Wilson) farm.... not quite the way it happened in the comics... Plus we got our first glimpse of Michonne (Danai Gurira) - who I have been waiting for - with her samurai sword and pet walkers (who are her brother and her dad if I remember correctly). So I'm assuming both groups have been on the run ever since...until they found the prison - I've been waiting for this as well. I know what happens from here on out so I'm going to try really hard not to spoil it for you guys... but beware, it might slip out accidentally...

The first noticeable thing is that Carl (Chandler Riggs) has grown up a bit and is shooting like a pro! I suppose we should expect that, after all they can't freeze his age in real life... Rick (Andrew Lincoln) turned into a bit of a wanker towards the end of last season and it looks like although he's lost the sharp edge a bit, he's still a little off his rocker, which we all expect don't we? It's only going to get worse from here on in people! Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) has gotten massive hasn't she? Everyone must be wondering how the hell this pregnancy is going to go.... I could tell you, but I wont.

Hershel got bitten! Like we didn't see that coming. What really annoys me about all these zombie movies/shows/comics is that they all make the same stupid mistakes over and over again. Like, when they first walked into the prison proper, I would have been dead-checking all the bodies on the ground. If they had done that, Hershel wouldn't have been gotten by that ankle biter and Rick wouldn't have had to hack off his leg like that. What do you guys think about the leg hacking, by the way? That cut was pretty darn clean for being chopped with a hatchet! Think chopping off the bite will save Hershel?

And finally, there are live people in the prison! Who would'a thunk it? Oh, that's right, me! Know what else is in prisons? Food, guns, medicine, fences... a freakin' treasure trove for zombie apocalypse survivors! I would have been hunting for somewhere like that from the very beginning. Take note in your Zombie Survival Plans people... what do you mean, you don't have a Zombie Survival Plan?!? *gasp*

Hopefully next week we get to meet The Governor (David Morrissey)... maybe that's where Merle (Michael Rooker) is? That's something I dont know because neither Merle or Daryl (Norman Reedus) are in the comics. At least they are talking about 'herds' now... they haven't really discovered how they work though... Michonne will let them all know eventually.

This is one of those rare episodes that is more zombie than plot!

4 out of 5 samurai swords...

No comments:

Post a Comment