Friday 9 November 2012

Movie: 28 Days Later (2002)

28 Days Later (2002)
Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller


This is going to be a series of as short as I can make them reviews on zombie films, largely inspired but this old blog post of Simon Pegg's (Sean Of The Dead, Paul) discussing the different styles of zombies. Simon is a fan of traditional zombies, you know, shuffling mindless brain eating zombies and thinks the running style of zombies is even more unrealistic. I have to disagree, if running zombies are done right they are more than feasible. Especially the virus infected kind. If they have two working legs I cant see why they wouldn't run...

The zombies in this film are runners and have been infected by a virus called Rage. What I like about this one is that it only takes about ten seconds before they are taken over by the virus; that is pretty darn quick. It starts off by a group of animal activists breaking into a primate testing facility and breaking out the Rage infected chimps....retards.

I recognized the main character - Cillian Murphy (The Dark Knight, Inception) - right away, I've seen him in a few things recently. I had no idea that he was in this though... Also spotted was Irish actor Brendan Gleeson who is just amazing in a number of films such as Harry Potter and Troy. Co-starring is Naomie Harris who I didn't recognize until I looked her up, she's been a bond girl most recent 007 flick; Skyfall.

I always judge a zombie flick by the amount of actual zombies... this one seemed a bit too quiet to be a world overrun by the dead.... it makes me even jumpier. But it is interesting to see that in most zombie films it ends up being the humans left who are the ones you have to worry about, not the undead wanting to eat you... How far do you think people will really go to survive?

3 out of 5 Pegg plugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment