Tuesday 6 November 2012

TV: The Walking Dead SE3 EP4

The Walking Dead
Drama, Horror, Thriller


Wow, two good episodes in a row! That doesn't happen very often... I'm glad they aren't doing what I thought they were after last episode and splitting them between the prison and Woodbury, episode by episode. That might have been a bit tedious considering I just really want to watch the Woodbury bits!

How does everyone feel about The Governor (David Morrissey) now that we've seen him mow down those people at the military outpost, not to mention the wall of zombie heads! I'm so glad they put that in there though I'm still waiting to see his daughter.... and that's all the spoilers I will say about that. Michonne (Danai Gurira) better be careful around him too... if you've read the comics then you know why, even though it's not the exact same I have a feeling some of that stuff will happen in the show too. I'm glad she's not fooled by him though.

Merle (Michael Rooker) is a real wild card with both him and his brother Daryl (Norman Reedus) not actually part of the comics. So I really have no idea what his role in everything is. Did you hear him mention Martinez (Jose Pablo Cantillo) though? Maybe he will play that role...

I suppose we should talk about Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) too. What a scene hey? When Maggie (Lauren Cohan) walked out the prison holding the baby - it's a girl and her name is Judy... in the comics at least - and Rick's (Andrew Lincoln) reaction when he realized that Carl (Chandler Riggs) would have had to shoot his own mother.... Lincoln deserves an award for that I think. Very well done, very believable. No matter the troubles between them, they were still husband and wife, Rick still travelled by himself through zombie infested cities to find her....and now he's lost her. There's the baby as well... how are they going to feed her without Lori?

Now let's talk about the difference between this and what happened in the comic. I'll try not to give too much away. In the comics, Lori was left behind when they were overrun and I always thought that she hadn't really died (there was mention in one of the later issues of a lone woman who stole a horse from the group, people who Lori wouldn't recognise... I thought that might have been her) and would randomly show up somewhere but I guess that's not going to happen...

What do we think about these prisoners now? I didn't realize the moustached guy was Axel (Lew Temple) but I can see it now... And the other guy, Oscar (Vincent M Ward).... killing the rogue prisoner was the only way he was going to get them accepted into the group and they wouldn't have survived without it.

Great couple of episodes, not boring at all! RIP T-Dog (IronE Singleton) and Lori.

4 out of 5 broken locks...

No comments:

Post a Comment