Monday 4 November 2013

TV: Once Upon A Time: SE3 EP6

Once Upon A Time
Adventure, Fantasy, Romance


*Disclaimer: This show is really lame and has lots of plot holes which I am blatantly ignoring....but I just can't help myself...*

I am such a sucker for the fairy tales and this episode was all about everyone's favorite mermaid, Ariel. Played by JoAnna Garcia Swisher who you might recognize from Not Another Teen Movie and more recently The Internship (which is hilarious - again, I'm a sucker for these things...). They stick mostly to the typical Little Mermaid storyline, with a little Snow and Evil Queen thrown in. Ariel is totally naive and as sickeningly sweet as Snow is. The Evil Queen appears as Ursula to offer Ariel Snow's legs which she just goes ahead and takes! What the actual? Ariel, leg ettiquette says that you must ask a person before just taking their legs! Sheeeeesh.

The CGI budget must have gotten a bit bigger with this season because Regina (Lana Parrilla) as Ursula didn't suck as much as I thought she would and Ariel's tail was actually kinda cute... well, that's what I was thinking until we see the actual Ursula in the mirror at the end... that was not the best guys! Speaking of the real Ursula, I recognised that voice right away as Yvette Nicole Brown from Community.

Regina took Ariel's voice before she could meet up with Prince Eric (Gil McKinny) and so he went on his big adventure. I have a sneaking suspicion that we will see both Eric and Ariel in Wonderland sometime soon as I heard Eric say something about Agrabah. I love crossovers.

Back to our main characters and the Echo Cave. I thought Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) - *fans self* - would have a bigger secret to tell than that he kissed Emma (Jennifer Morrison). Like really Hook? That's it? So obviously that means he's not betraying them then... right?! And Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin)... another baby? *voms* We all knew that Charming (Josh Dallas) would have to tell everyone about the Dreamshade, that one was obvious.

Neal (Michael Raymond-James from True Blood) and Emma, finally! Sorry Hook...

So like I said at the beginning; so corny, so many plot holes... but the fairy tales!

3 out of 5 guilty pleasures...

No comments:

Post a Comment