Wednesday 14 May 2014

Movies: Mass Post... Part I

I've watched a heap of movies lately so this will probably be a multi-post as well but I thought we'd start with some of the more kid friendly ones and then I can have fun berating the not to so awesome ones in a second post... how's that sound?

The theme song for The Lego Movie has been stuck in my head ever since I saw this movie. It just randomly explodes out of me sometimes... "Everything is awesome!" I loved this movie, especially Batman (Will Arnett) and Superman (Channing Tatum) and Green Lantern (Jonah Hill). Starring Elizabeth Banks (Hunger Games), Alison Brie (Community), Will Ferrell (Anchorman), Liam Neeson (Taken), Morgan Freeman (The Shawshank Redemption), Chris Pratt (Guardians of The Galaxy) and a whole range of others. Made entirely in Australia, even though we were the last country to have a release date. Worth watching more than once to catch all the Easter Eggs. Everything is awesome!

I can't remember who recommended me Space Pirate Captain Harlock but it had been a while since I'd watched any anime and when I saw the preview for this one I was immediately captivated by the awesome space pirate ship, Arcadia. I watched it English dubbed, which I don't normally do because they just can't seem get the same inflections as the Japanese do, but this was dubbed really well! I loved the animation style though the husband complained that it felt like he was in a video game... that was what I liked about it! The story is a bit long winded, I had to watch it twice to follow the whole thing and even then I'm still confused by the very end... But totally worth it. Apparently there is a manga too but the animation on it is not quite as awesome as the movie, which I would watch a third time.

Mr Peabody & Sherman is a brand new, digitally animated film based on the characters from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle Show! I was pretty excited when I saw the title because of course I recognised the name and I'm a sucker for these reminiscent type films. Mr Peabody (Ty Burrell) has built a time machine in order to teach his adoptive son Sherman (Max Charles) history. Of course they hit a few snags on the way, the least of which is Penny (Ariel Winter), a girl from Sherman's school who teases him about being a dog and then gets lost in ancient Egypt. There's a rollcall of important people throughout history and Mr Peabody comes out with some of the most hilarious puns. The kids will love this one.

(Not exactly kid friendly but I couldn't resist...) After the fastest earning Kickstarter program ever, the Veronica Mars Movie was funded by fans worldwide nine years after the show ended... and it was totally worth it! If you're a marshmallow like me, you would have been just as excited that all of our tweeting to stars Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring, as well as writer and director Rob Thomas, finally paid off in a Kickstarter campaign that clicked over faster than the seconds. It's $2million goal was fully funded in under 10 hours! That is some crazy fans right there. So Veronica (Bell)  is now a lawyer and of course Logan (Dohring) find himself caught in a bit of a bind and in need of her help... So she dusts off the detective gear and gets to work. Classic Veronica Mars, exactly what the fans asked for! Will watch again for sure.

That's all for now but don't worry, I have a massive list of movies lined up for you.

Love Gee
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment