Thursday 31 July 2014

Trailer: The Hobbit: The Battle Of Five Armies (2014)



Holy crapballs! It's almost here! The final installment of The Hobbit, titled The Battle of the Five Armies! I am beyond excited about this. When we were travelling a couple of years ago, I read The Hobbit aloud to my husband, who had never read it, on the millions of hours of flights we had. We finished it a few days before the first film was released and of course we went and saw it right away. The hubs is the most annoying person when it comes to book to movie adaptations. He spent most of the film whispering to me, "That's not how it happened in the book!" Now you know how I feel with every adaptation ever, my love. 

Anyway, no matter the discrepancies, you cannot discount the amazement that is the battle scenes in these films and my goodness are we going to get it with this one! I've been looking forward to it since The Hobbit was announced! You think TLOR was epic with its battles? Wait until you see this one! Not only is there Smaug (Benedict Cumberbatch) to deal with, but there's Azog (Manu Bennett) and his orc armies (which were not in the book), the men of Dale's claim on the legendary treasure and Thorin Oakenshield's (Richard Armitage) greed and pride, and finally the Elves... so much stuff! 

Nice to see the heavy presence of Bard of Dale played by Luke Evans who I've just noticed has been cast for a remake of one of my favorite films, The Crow. Will there be more necromancer story line and will they use that to explain how Sauron (Sala Baker) managed to come back? I think so! What do I most want to see? More of my favorite character, Beorn (Mikael Persbrandt)! More Gandalf (Ian McKellen) saving some hobbit ass and my second favorite wizard, the quirky Radagast (Sylvester McCoy). Legolas (Orlando Bloom) looking pretty as pie and beating the crapola out of Bieber... I mean, orcs... yeah, orcs. And the Eagles! 

So much excitement! What are you waiting to see?

Love Gee 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment