Thursday 2 August 2012

Movie: The Devil's Double (2011)

The Devil's Double (2011)
Biography, Drama


Based on the alleged true story of Saddam Hussein's sadistic son, Uday and his body double, Latif. It's hard to believe that this is an entirely true story, it's so far fetched at times. I mean, you know this kind of thing probably does happen somewhere in the world, and Hussein's sons would probably be the people to do it, but it's more what you'd see in a James Bond flick.

Latif Yadia has published three books on the matter; I Was Saddam's Son, The Devil's Double and The Black Hole. I might add them to my Goodreads, something a bit different to what I normally read...

Latif and Uday are both played by Dominic Cooper (Captain America: The First Avenger, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) and he does both roles so fantastically that I had to check he actually played both roles and didn't have an identical twin! I want to see more of this guy, he's awesome!

Poor Latif is basically kidnapped - I mean, who can say no to Uday? No one, that's who - and transformed into Uday's exact double. He really is a sick spoiled man-child, he does whatever he wants. It's disgusting. Wonder if he was really like that in person, wouldn't want to find out...

Great ending! Doubt its entirely fact after doing a little research on the book/film but even so, captivating storyline.

4 out of 5 horny lil devils...

Uday: I had a word with the doctor, he says your cock's too big. We need to make a surgical reduction.
Latif: A what?
Uday: Chop a bit off.
Latif: What?!
Uday: Not much, just a teenie weenie.
Latif: Not much?!
Uday: My cock is well known in Bahgdad, the women, they talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment