Saturday 10 November 2012

Movie: Diary of The Dead (2007)

Diary of The Dead (2007)
Horror, Sci-Fi


This isn't mentioned on Simon Pegg's blogpost about zombies but I think it's one of the best zombie movies to come out recently, as far as your typical zombies go... But it was written and directed by George A. Romero so I thought it would be interesting to see his progression from the last film released in 1968 until this one forty years later.

These are the slow moving but quickly accumulating undead. It's filmed ala Blair Witch with a bit of a documentary feel which means it can get a bit chatty at times. It's raw but some of those shots are brilliant. There are also some of the best deaths I've seen. The Amish guy with the scythe? Jar of acid over the head? Electric paddles to the head...almost.

I liked the online presence. If there really was a zombie apocalypse then we would hear about it first via Twitter. #ZombieApocalypse  As soon as I started to wonder how they still had wifi and internet connections, it dropped out...

Even though the only person I recognized was Joe Dinicol (LA Complex) and it ended fairly suddenly and inconclusively, I liked this one a lot.

4 out of 5 Pegg plugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment