Sunday 9 September 2012

TV: Futurama

Futurama
Animation, Comedy, Sci-Fi


Other than reading craploads of ebooks on my brand new Kindle, I've been filling my spare time with Futurama. Everyone loves this show right? And thank goodness they brought it back in 2008 after being off the air for five whole darn years! I'm loving this season so far.

Created by Matt Groening and David X Cohen who both also write and create for The Simpsons, as if you didn't already know that! Then of course there's the voices of those characters we know and love, such as Billy West (Billions of other cartoons including one of my faves; Drawn Together) who voices a number of characters including Fry, Zoidberg and Professor FarnsworthKatey Sagal (Sons of Anarchy, Married With Children) as everyone's favourite one eyed alien / mutant, Turanga Leela and John Di Maggio is the gambling, alcoholic, whore-mongering, chain smoking bending unit, Bender.

Naturama (SE7 EP13) has to be one of my favourite episodes ever with it's David Attenborough style narration and there was just something about the Fry and Leela salmon story that I loved. *sobs* So tragic! I was actually shocked when I found out that this episode is the last of the season! What the hell is going on with such short seasons!? Seriously, this is really bugging me! Futurama used to have twenty or so episodes per season. So disappointing.

So - are you ready for this? You might want to sit down - I'm not a fan of The Simpsons at all... While we're at it, I don't like American Dad or Family Guy either. I know, shocking right. I'm not sure what it is but I just don't find it funny at all... Sorry peeps!

But I do loooooove Futurama and will continue to rewatch episodesKeep 'em coming!

5 out of 5 one-eyed monsters....

No comments:

Post a Comment